Angelina Jolie is an American actress, model, screenwriter and philanthropist.
Angelina Jolie was born on June 4, 1975 in Los Angeles, California (USA). She began acting alongside her father, actor Jon Voight, at age 7. She made her official cinema debut in the movie ‘Cyborg 2’ (1993). Then came ‘Hackers’ in 1995, and the polemic ‘George Wallace’ in 1997. She had a main role in the TV movie GIA, in 1998. Her worldwide fame began developing in 2000, after she won the Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in ‘Girl, Interrupted’.
She also portrayed the main character from the ‘Tomb Raider’ videogame, Lara Croft in the namesake movies. There she gained her status as one of Hollywood’s best paid actresses. She played Jane Smith in the movie ‘Mr. and Mrs. Smith’, together with Brad Pitt. One of her main commercial upcoming successes would be ‘Kung Fu Panda’.
Angelina Jolie is considered one of the world’s sexiest women and has been romantically involved with fellow actors Johnny Depp and Billy Bob Thornton. She is now married to Brad Pitt.
Halfway through 2009 she reached Forbes Magazine’s number 1. Between June 2008 and June 2009 she earned 27 million dollars thanks to movies like ‘Kung Fu Panda’ and ‘Wanted’. In 2011 she was number 1 again together with Sarah Jessica Parker. The movies ‘Salt’, which grossed 300 million dollars in the US, and ‘The Tourist’, which grossed 280 million dollars, contributed to Jolie being on Forbes’ number 1 again.
Commercially speaking, her more successful movies are ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’, which grossed 478 million dollars; ‘Wanted’, which grossed 341 million dollars; ‘Salt’ grossing almost 300 million dollars; ‘The Tourist’, which grossed nearly 280 million dollars; ‘Lara Croft: Tomb Raider’, grossing 275 million; and ’60 seconds’, which grossed 237 million.
In her career she has achieved multiple prizes for her acting. She has two Oscar Academy Awards and three Golden Globes. She is currently part of the High Commissioner of The United Nations Refugee Agency.
'Unbroken' Cast Reveals What It's Like to Have Angelina Jolie as a Boss
Angelina Jolie on the Red Carpet Oscars 2014
A Message From Universal Pictures About Angelina Jolie
Angelina Jolie Goodwill Ambassador Visited Haiti UNHCR
ANGELINA JOLIE ' GEORGE WALLACE ' CORNELIA
Syria's Lost Children and Angelina Jolie UNHCR
- Most of her relationships are born on set.
- She has always been obsessed with death.
- When she was a child, she was bullied and so she cut her skin as a punishment to her own existence.
- She has always avoided being pretentious, she prefers humility.
- She studies martial arts and collects knives.
- She had never thought of having her own children until Shiloh.
- Angelina Jolie began modelling at 15.
- She has got tattoos all over her body. The most special for her are the coordinates of the places her children were born. She has them tattooed on her left arm.
- In 2003 she wrote and published the book ‘Notes From My Travels’.
- To portray Lara Croft, she had to learn an English accent, apart from mastering a wide range of personal defence arts like kick-boxing or street fight.
- In 2005, Norodom Sihamoní, King of Cambodia, published a decree naming Jolie a country’s citizen for her efforts to preserve the soul of humanitarism.
- In May 2013, she went through a preventive double mastectomy given her genetic propensity to suffering breast cancer. She was told she had a 87% probability of having it. That re-opened the debate on the subject in the US.
|self||Cambodian Honorary Citizen||2005|
|self||Forbes' number 1||2009|