Christopher Julius Rock III, better known as Chris Rock, is a comedian, actor, screenwriter, producer and director of American cinema.
Chris Rock was born in South Carolina on 7 February 1965. He was elected in the United States as the fifth best stand-up comedian of all time by Comedy Central.
He began his career in 1985 as a comic at a club in New York. Slowly he climbed positions in the field of comedy and landed a role in the film ‘I’m gonna git you sucka’ and another on ‘Miami Vice’ series. Having seen one of his performances, Eddie Murphy became his friend and mentor and gave him his first role in “Beverly Hills Cop II ‘. Also he auditioned for MTV.
In 1990, he joined the team Saturday Night Live comedians. Along with cast members, as Chris Farley, Adam Sandler and David Spade, they began to be known as the ‘Bad Boys of SNL’. In 1991 he released his first CD ‘Born Suspect’, and won high praise for his dramatic role as a crack addict in the film New Jack City ‘.
At 90 he left SNL. He wrote and starred CB4, number one in the United States, but with little success distribution in other countries. His acting jobs became scarce and left Hollywood to focus on comedy. He put the doll voice ‘Lil Penny’ alter ego basketball star Penny Hardway, for a Nike ad campaign. ‘Bigg Ass Jokes’ was his first comedy special on HBO in 1994. In 1996, ‘Bring the Pain’ he reinvented Rock as one of the best comedians in the industry. He won two Emmy Awards for that special. Later participated in other special two of the same chain: ‘Bigger & Blacker’ (larger and more black) in 1999, and ‘Never Scared’ (never scared) in 2004. HBO also issued his own talk show, ‘The Chris Rock Show ‘, acclaimed by critics for her interviews with celebrities and politicians. He won an Emmy for the script. His television work has been awarded 15 nominations and three Emmy Awards. During this time, he also took his comedy to the pages of the book ‘Rock This’.
In 2005, Rock hosted the 77th Oscar ceremony and in 2007 was voted in the UK as the ninth best humorist in the ‘100 Greatest Stand-Ups’ Channel 4 program and the updated list of 2010 as the eighth best humorist . He is currently working on his fifth HBO special.
- His mother, Rosalie Tingman, is a teacher and social worker with the mentally ill. His father, Julius Rock, was a truck driver and newspaper delivery. He died in 1989 after an operation for ulcer.
- It has 5 little brothers: Andre, Brian, Kenny, Andi and Jordan (half-brother).
- He’s been compared with figures like Bill Cosby comedy, Eddie Murphy or Richard Pryor, whom he considers his heroes.
- He directed and appeared in the video for ‘Hump de Bump’ by Red Hot Chili Peppers. He also appeared in ‘Smooth Operator’, Big Daddy Kane, cutting his hair. He is one of the few people who appear in the video for the song ‘God’s Gonna Cut You Down’ Johnny Cash lips synced to the beat.
- He is married and has two daughters.
|acting||New Jack City||1991|
|acting||CB4: The Movie||1993|
|acting||Lethal Weapon 4||1998|
|acting||Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back||2001|
|acting||Head of State||2003|
|acting||I think i love my wife / Bee Movie||2007|
|acting||Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted||2012|
|acting||Grown Ups 2||2013|