Daniel Jacob Radcliffe, better known as Daniel Radcliffe is an English actor popular for portraying one of cinema’s most famous wizards: Harry Potter.
Daniel Radcliffe (Fulham, London, July 23, 1989) began acting at age 9 on ‘David Copperfield’, a TV film adaptation of Charles Dicken’s novel. In 2001 he made his debut with ‘The Tailor of Panama’ alongside Pierce Brosnan, Geoffrey Rush and Jamie Lee Curtis. He also appeared in the independent movie ‘December boys’ and the one for TV, ‘My boy Jack’. In 2007 he starred in the theatre play ‘Equus’ (Peter Shaffer) where he portrayed the disturbed Alan Strang. Radcliffe was praised by the critics and got awarded for his performance. On March 2011, he took the stage in New York with ‘How to succeed in business without really trying’ and in 2012 the movie ‘The Woman in Black’ was released.
It was his mother on the ‘Tailor of Panama’, Jamie Lee Curtis who encouraged him to audition for ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ when she knew the main character was being cast. Director Christopher Columbus and author J. K. Rowling chose him for the role and the rest is history. Radcliffe has portrayed the wizard in all the books’ adaptations: ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets’ (2002), ‘Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakaban’ (2004, Alfonso Cuarón), ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’ (2005, Mike Newell), ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’ (2007, David Yates), ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince’ (2009, David Yates), ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I’ (2010, David Yates) and ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II’ (2011, David Yates). He worked alongside newcomers Rupert Grint and Emma Watson and veteran actors like Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman, and Imelda Staunton, to name a few.
In 2013, Daniel Radcliffe went back to doing theatre with ‘The Cripple of Inishmaan’, a comedy by Martin McDonagh. He portrayed ‘Cripple’ Billy Claven.
Daniel Radcliffe Video
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Trailer Official HD
Daniel Radcliffe on George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight: INTERVIEW
Daniel Radcliffe & 'KILL YOUR DARLINGS' Cast Share A-List Advice
Daniel Radcliffe Raps Blackalicious' "Alphabet Aerobics"
Ellen Pranks Daniel Radcliffe with an Earthquake
- He was raised in Fulham, Southwest London, and has declared himself a fan of the Fulham Football Club.
- He said he wanted to act when he was 5.
- On occasion, he has said he would like to direct or to write a screenplay.
- The Times has published that Radcliffe has a fortune surpassing the 30 million pounds.
- At 16, he became the youngest person outside the Royal Family with his portrait at the National Portrait Gallery.
- He collaborates with different non-profit organizations one of them bein Delemza House, which helps children with rare diseases.
- He is very fond of music. He has declared himself a fan of Vampire Weekend, Laura Marling, Adele, The Wombats, Beirut & The Mars Volta, and for My Chemical Romance’s‘The Black Parade’.
- While filming Harry Potter, Daniel Radcliffe used between 60 and 70 magic wands and 160 pairs of glasses.
- He was diagnosed with a light dyspraxia, a neurological disorder affecting coordination and is associated with clumsiness.
- Radcliffe has recently admitted he became an alcoholic at age 18, but is now sober and would rather live a quiet life far from partying.
- He had a crush on Emma Watson at first sight, but now she is like a sister to him.
|acting||The Tailor of Panama||2001|
|acting||Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone||2001|
|acting||Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets||2002|
|acting||Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakaban||2004|
|acting||Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire||2005|
|acting||Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||2007|
|acting||Equus (theatre play)||2007|
|acting||Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||2009|
|acting||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I||2010|
|acting||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II||2011|
|acting||How to succeed in business without really trying (musical play)||2011|
|acting||The Woman in Black||2012|
|acting||The Cripple of Inishmaan (theatre play)||2013|